Recipes / Skillet Jambalaya Dip
This flavorful, saucy twist on Jambalaya is the hottest addition to any party.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 oz. andouille sausage, fully cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (7.5-oz.) box Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cajun Jambalaya Entree Mix
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup Holy Trinity (equal parts chopped onion, celery, and green pepper)
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. Louisiana Fish Fry Cravin’ Cajun Hot Sauce
- 1 - 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 3 - 4 scallions, chopped
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and brown for 2 – 3 minutes. Add celery, onion and green pepper and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add jambalaya mix with water and stir. Bring to a boil, stir and cover. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add shrimp, stir and cover for 5 minutes. Add hot sauce, 1 cup cheddar cheese and cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted and all are combined. If desired, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and melt under the broiler. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve warm with tortilla chips. If your taste buds can handle a little extra heat, drizzle some extra Cajun Fire Hot Sauce on top!