Recipes / Cajun Shrimp Pasta
Don’t skimp on shrimp! This spin on a classic Etouffée swaps out the rice for pasta for a tasty and satisfying dish that channels Louisiana’s Italian traditions as well as classic Cajun foodways.
- 6 bags Louisiana Fish Fry Products Etouffée Base
- 3 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Ib. butter
- 3 quarts water
- 6 cups penne pasta, boiled and drained
Etouffée Base 2.65 oz
In a large pot, melt butter. Add Etouffee Base and stir over low heat until medium brown. Add water and mix well. Add shrimp and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Add tomatoes and cheese, mix well, and simmer 15 minutes. After boiling pasta, drain and add to the pot. Mix well and serve. ENJOY!