Recipes / Traditional Stovetop Boil
Bring the boil from backyard to stovetop with this simple and delicious recipe.
- 1 head garlic, separated into unpeeled cloves
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half
- 1 (4-oz.) bottle Louisiana Fish Fry Products Liquid Crab and Shrimp Boil
- 3 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, washed
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 lb. large shrimp, unpeeled
- Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cajun Seasoning, 8 oz
Fill a large stock pot halfway with water. Stir in garlic, lemons, onion and Liquid Crab and Shrimp Boil. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Meanwhile, cut the corn into thirds and set aside. Once the water comes to a rapid boil, add corn, potatoes and sausage to the liquid, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add shrimp, cover and cook for cook 4-5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Drain and serve on a large platter.