Recipes / Shrimp Cocktail Recipe
Laissez les bon temps roulez this holiday season with a classic dish packed with flavor that will allow you to spend less time prepping and more time with your loved ones.
- 1 bottle of Louisiana Fish Fry Cocktail Sauce
- 2 lb. ice
- 6 c. water
- 2 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and halved
- 5 sprigs of parsley
- 2 lemons
- 2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
Cocktail Sauce 12 oz
- Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and add water until covered. Set aside.
- Cut one lemon into wedges.
- In a large pot combine 6 cups water, sugar, salt, onion, and 5 sprigs parsley. Halve and juice the remaining lemon and add to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add shrimp.
- Once shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 3 minutes), remove shrimp from the pot with a slotted spoon (or spider), and place into the bowl of ice.
- Pour Louisiana Fish Fry Cocktail Sauce into a dish (or martini glass) for dipping.
- Serve shrimp on a serving dish (or on the edge of the martini glass) with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce, and garnish with parsley for a special touch.