Recipes / Beer & Bratwurst Stovetop Boil
Pub and patio favorites collide in this twist on the traditional stovetop boil featuring beer and bratwurst, submitted by Lori Baumgard, “Your Best Boil” recipe winner!
- 1 - 2 lbs. Bratwurst (or any smoked sausage) cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 oz. can of beer
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 8 cups of water
- About 1/4 cup Louisiana Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Seasoning (powder) to taste
- 5 ears of sweet corn, cut into thirds
- 1 lb. fresh, unpeeled shrimp
- fresh green beans or fresh pea pods
Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil 5 oz
If using fresh bratwurst/sausage, grill it first. In 10 Qt. pot, bring water, beer, boil seasoning and onion to boil. Next, add potatoes and bratwurst. Cover, return to boil and cook for 15 minutes. Add corn, cover & return to boil, allowing it to boil for 5 minutes. Add shrimp, cover, cook 3 minutes or until shrimp is done. Drain in large colander. Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.