Recipes / “Official” Crawfish Boil Recipe
Anyone who says you can’t get any better than a classic Cajun seafood boil told you wrong. Ramp up any boil by doubling (or tripling!) up on your boil spices! We like to make use of our whole array of boil mixes, from our powdered spices, to our liquid boil, to our handy seed boil bag. So much flavor, that naysayer won’t know what hit him!
- One 4.5 lb. bag of Louisiana Fish Fry Crawfish Shrimp and Crab Boil
- One 35-40 lb. sack of live crawfish
- 4 lbs. new potatoes
- 2 lbs. of quartered onions
- 5 garlic pods
- 1 lb. quartered lemons
- 10-15 corn cobbettes
Crawfish, Shrimp & Crab Boil 4.5 lb
- Wash live crawfish with fresh water until it runs clear. Remove any dead crawfish.
- Fill boiling pot with water to desired amount to cover seafood.
- Add one bag of Louisiana Fish Fry Crawfish, Shrimp, & Crab Boil 4.5 lbs to the water. Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add live crawfish, potatoes, onions, garlic, and lemons to your boil basket and carefully lower into boiling water. Louisiana Fish Fry Products Boil Boosters are also a great option to fresh vegetables.
- BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES AFTER WATER RESUMES BOILING. Turn off burner. (Add frozen Corn)
- Soak for 15-20 minutes and give them a try! If desired flavor hasn’t been reached, soak in 5 minute regiments.
- Once flavor has reached your liking, crawfish are ready! Take a moment to jot down any adjustments you might have made for your next boil.
- Boiling another sack? Follow the same method as above, but this time use only half the seasonings. Using previous boil water, add a bag or two of Louisiana Fish Fry Crawfish, Shrimp, & Crab Boil 16 oz to the water and repeat the same soaking time as before.