Recipes / Pimento Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Spicy. Fried. Cheesy. Need we say more?
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cayenne Pepper
- 12 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8.5-oz) package Louisiana Fish Fry Products Veggie Fry Vegetable Batter Mix
- Club soda (amount TBD - according to package instructions)
- Canola oil, for pan frying
- Sea salt, to taste
In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, red peppers and cayenne pepper until thoroughly combined. Spoon pimento cheese into a plastic bag and snip off the corner. Set aside. Split the jalapenos lengthwise on one side, then cut crosswise near the stem, making a “T”. Fold peppers open and carefully remove ribs and seeds. Pipe pimento cheese into peppers and press closed. Set aside. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1” of oil to 325° F. Mix vegetable batter according to package instructions. Dip filled jalapenos in batter and, in 2 batches, add the poppers to the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, flipping halfway, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and season with salt, to taste.