Recipes / Beer Battered Popcorn Shrimp Tacos
Elevate your Taco Tuesday with this light, crispy beer-battered shrimp taco recipe topped with our very own Fish Taco sauce.
- 1 (8.5-oz) Louisiana Fish Fry Products Beer Batter Mix
- Louisiana Fish Fry Products Fish Taco Sauce, to taste
- 1 cup beer or club soda
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 qt. canola or peanut oil
- 8 small corn tortillas, warm
- 1 large ripe mango, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cajun Fire Hot Sauce, 8 oz.
Combine mango, green onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. In a medium bowl, combine Beer Batter Mix with beer or club soda. Heat oil in a deep pot to 350 ̊ F. Working in batches, dip shrimp in Beer Batter. Shake off excess batter then fry shrimp for about 4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. To serve, divide shrimp among tortillas and top with mango salsa or Louisiana Fish Fry Products Taco Sauce. Garnish with coconut flakes.