Recipes / At Home Chicken Sandwich
Skip the drive-thru and fry up delicious, crunchy, golden fried chicken sandwiches at home. And, it’s fail-proof! No deep fryers needed: follow along the video below for step-by-step pan frying instructions.
- 1 package At Home Original Chicken Sandwich Seasoned Coating Mix
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- 1 package of boneless half chicken breasts or thighs (6-8 pieces)
- Vegetable oil, for pan frying
- 6-8 potato rolls or buns, split and lightly toasted
- Mayonnaise, to taste
- Pickle coins
- Lettuce (leaves and shred)
- Cheese slices
At Home Original Chicken Sandwich Seasoned Coating Mix
- In a bowl, combine water (2 tbsp) and Seasoned Coating Mix to create a crumbly texture.
- In another bowl, beat 1 egg.
- Pound chicken pieces (boneless half breasts OR thighs) to cook evenly and pat dry.
- Fill skillet halfway with oil and place over medium-high heat to reach 375° F. Oil is ready to use when a pinch of breading dropped in the oil sizzles without burning.
- Moisten chicken thoroughly in egg wash and then the dry crumble mix, pressing firmly until fully coated.
- Add chicken to the hot oil and cook each side for 3-4 mins, until golden brown.
- Remove from pan when internal temperature is 165°F and juices run clear.
- Smear mayonnaise on top and bottom buns (add a drizzle of hot sauce, if using).
- Place pickle coins on the bottom bun, then place one fried chicken thigh on top.
- Top chicken with cheese and lettuce, then place top bun on sandwich.