Recipes / Air Fried Cajun Totchos
Meet your new favorite snack: Air Fried Cajun Tachos! This quick recipe uses tater tots as a crispy potato base and then piles classic Mexican ingredients on top of added flavor. We give our tachos a Cajun twist by tossing the tots in Cajun seasoning but there are endless ways to customize this recipe!
- ½ bag Plain Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 - 2 tbsp. Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- ½ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup Louisiana Fish Fry Products Fish Taco Sauce
- Cilantro and/or scallions, for garnish
- Pickled Jalapenos, for garnish
Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Place tater tots in a single layer in the fryer basket and air-fry tots for 10 minutes until nearly done. In a bowl, toss hot tater tots with Cajun seasoning (to taste) until coated. Return tots to fryer tray and sprinkle with shredded cheddar, then continue to fry for about 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is just melted. Scoop cheesy tots onto a plate, drizzle with fish taco sauce, and top with cilantro, scallions, and pickled jalapenos.
Plus it up: add chopped crispy bacon, cajun-seasoned chicken, or make it extra spicy with a drizzle of Cajun Mashed Pepper Sauce.