Recipes / Spicy Cajun Margaritas for a Party
Indulge in the bold and fiery flavors of Spicy Cajun Margs at your next party. This invigorating batch-made cocktail combines tangy lime juice, smooth tequila, and vibrant triple sec with the tantalizing heat of jalapeño simple syrup. Rimmed with Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Seasoning, these margaritas are a tantalizing blend of zesty, spicy and refreshing!
- Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Seasoning
- 2 cups lime juice
- 32 ounces tequila
- 16 ounces triple sec
- 1.5 cups jalapeño simple syrup
- 2 jalapeños
- limes, lemons, oranges
Cajun Seasoning 8 oz
Jalapeño simple syrup:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1.5 cups of water and 1.5 cups of granulated sugar.
- Slice the jalapeños and add them to the saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Once cooled, strain out the jalapeños and discard them, reserving the jalapeño-infused simple syrup.
- Can be made 2-3 days in advance and kept in a sealed container at room temperature.
- In a large pitcher, combine the lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and 1 cup of the jalapeño simple syrup.
- Stir well to ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness or spiciness by adding more jalapeño simple syrup if desired.
- Add sliced fruit, ice and jalapeños to the pitcher.
Rim the glasses:
- Take a shallow plate or bowl and add Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun Seasoning.
- Take each cup and rim the outer edge by running a lime slice along the rim. Coat in Cajun Seasoning by rotating cup until covered.
Assemble and serve:
- Fill each rimmed margarita glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the margarita mix into the glasses.
- If you like an extra kick, add a jalapeño slice to each glass.
- Stir gently to combine the flavors.
- Serve the Spicy Cajun Margs immediately and enjoy!
Adjust the recipe quantities according to the number of guests at your party. Cheers!
This recipe is only meant to be enjoyed by people over the age of 21. Remember to drink responsibly.