Recipes / Redfish Courtbouillon
This classic Cajun stew is now as simple as 1 (Louisiana Fish Fry Etouffée Base), 2 (Louisiana Fish Fry Shrimp Creole Base), 3 (tomato sauce)! A holiday favorite, an authentic courtbouillion will always be a crowd pleaser. Your guests will think you spent hours on this festive Louisiana dish!
- 2 lbs. redfish filets, cut into 2 oz. pieces
- 1 package of Louisiana Fish Fry Products Etouffée Base
- 1 package of Louisiana Fish Fry Products Shrimp Creole Base
- 10 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups water
- 1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups cooked rice
Melt butter in saucepan. Add Louisiana Fish Fry Products Etouffée Base and Louisiana Fish Fry Products Shrimp Creole Base and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add 4 cups water and entire can of tomato sauce. Stir well. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add 2 lbs. of redfish and simmer on low until the pieces are white and flaky in the middle. Remove saucepan from heat and let stand for 15 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.