Recipes / Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
Whether mixing spices, mashing potatoes, or breading chicken nuggies, there’s plenty of ways kids can help out in the kitchen. We created this Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets recipe for a fun way to get the whole family involved in dinner. Share your love of cooking with your little chefs and watch ‘em go!
- 1 box of Louisiana Fish Fry Air Fryer Chicken Coating Mix, 5 oz
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning (optional)
- 1 large egg
- Canola oil spray
- Fun shaped cookie cutter
- Assorted vegetables like carrots, broccoli, corn, peas, red peppers
- Whether mixing spices, mashing potatoes, or breading chicken nuggies, there’s plenty of ways kids can help out in the kitchen. We created this Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets recipe for a fun way to get the whole family involved in dinner. Share your love of cooking with your little chefs and watch ‘em go!
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken, Cajun Seasoning (optional), and 2 tablespoons of the Air Fryer Chicken Coating Mix. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to make nugget shapes.
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper and spray evenly with canola oil. In a small dish with a flat bottom liberally coat your cookie cutter with oil, leaving extra in the dish to coat your fingers and the cutter with.
- Remove chicken mix from the fridge and place your oiled cookie cutter on the prepared tray.
- Spoon enough chicken mix into the middle of the cookie cutter to a depth of a 1/2-inch. With oiled fingers press the chicken mix flat, filling the inside of the cookie cutter evenly. Gently lift the cookie cutter off the tray, using your fingers to help push the chicken out of the cutter.
Move the cookie cutter to a new spot on the tray and repeat until mix is used up.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid.
- Once chicken shapes are frozen, prepare the egg wash and breading bowls by adding a dash of water to the egg and beating with a fork until well combined.
- Place the remaining Air Fryer Chicken Coating Mix in another shallow bowl.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360ºF.
- Remove a chicken nugget from the tray, coat completely in the egg wash, then coat completely in the Air Fryer Chicken Coating Mix.
- Move to a clean plate or tray and continue with the remaining nuggets. Place enough nuggets in the air fryer basket to fit it in one layer.
- Spray liberally with canola oil and air fry for 12 minutes. Keep uncooked nuggets in the freezer until ready to cook.
- Remove cooked nuggets to a baking rack and then continue cooking the remainder of the nuggets.
- Cut your favorite vegetables into shapes and arrange on a plate with your nugget shapes to make a fun scene like a farm yard, outer space, or a flower garden. The possibilities are endless!