Recipes / Red Beans & Rice Veggie Bowl
Vegetarian-friendly dish featuring Louisiana Fish Fry Products New Orleans-Style Red Beans & Rice Mix, sweet potatoes, and plenty of fresh veggies. If you want some extra heat, squeeze a little Cajun Fire Hot Sauce as a finishing touch!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (7-oz.) package Louisiana Fish Fry Products Red Beans & Rice Entree Mix
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 tsp.garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup kale, coarsely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cajun Fire Hot Sauce, to taste
Preheat oven to 400° F. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, mix the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, and Cajun Seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the Red Beans & Rice Entree Mix according to package instructions. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together tahini with garlic powder and lemon juice. Whisk in about 1/4 cup cold water, slowly, until desired consistency is reached. Assemble the bowl: Start with rice, followed by sweet potatoes, beans, kale, red onion, bell pepper, and avocado. Drizzle with tahini dressing.