Recipes / Hush Puppy Fish Strips
This hush puppy breaded fish strips are a fun twist on the classic fried fish! The batter is a little sweet and fries to golden perfection. Whip these up for an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
- 2 lbs. white fish
- Louisiana Fish Fry Hush Puppy Mix
- Oil for frying
Hush Puppy Mix 7.5 oz
- Moisten fish filets in water; shake off excess.
- Dredge in Hushpuppy Mix until fish is lightly coated on both sides.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 365°F, or 1/8-inch oil in skillet to medium high.
- Fry filets a few pieces at a time, 2-3 minutes per side until internal temperature is 145 degrees, or until fish is golden brown and flakes easily with a fork.