Recipes / Easy Biscuits and Gravy
Name a better comfort food than Biscuits and Gravy – we’ll wait. Our perfectly fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits mix is paired with our delicious Peppered White Gravy mix for a super easy breakfast everyone can enjoy! Pro-tip: Make your biscuits ahead of time and reheat in the oven for 10 minutes at 350ºF while you prepare the sausage and gravy for a low-effort, high-comfort dish.
- 1 box of Louisiana Fish Fry's Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 1 packet of Louisiana Fish Fry's Peppered White Gravy Mix
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 4 tbsp. of cold, cubed butter
- 16 oz. Breakfast sausage
- 2 cups of milk
- Preheat oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a light coating of cooking spray.
- Combine Biscuit Mix and buttermilk until dough forms, then turn onto a floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Knead and fold dough over 2-3 times while incorporating the cubed, cold butter. Roll dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut with a 2 in. biscuit cutter (do NOT twist).
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.While the biscuits are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Once hot, add your breakfast sausage and cook, breaking up pieces with a spatula until cooked through and broken into tiny pieces – meat is fully cooked when internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- Once sausage is cooked through, pour entire contents of Peppered White Gravy Mix packet on top of the sausage.
- Add 2 cups of milk and stir to combine.
- Cook until thickened. Once gravy is thickened, add biscuits to a plate and spoon sausage and gravy over top.