Recipes / Cajun Smothered Pork Chops
Sometimes it’s good to go back to the basics – but we promise this smothered Pork Chop & Cajun Brown Gravy dish tastes anything but basic!
- 1 (1.5-oz) package Louisiana Fish Fry Products Cajun Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups water
Brown Gravy Mix 1.5 oz
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, season pork chops on both sides with salt, pepper and thyme. Remove onions from skillet and set aside. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. butter to skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Sear pork chops for 1 – 2 minutes per side. Remove chops from skillet and set aside. Return onions to skillet and mix in Cajun Brown Gravy Mix. Add water, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches a simmer. Add pork chops to skillet, cover with a lid and cook until center of pork is 155 – 160° F, about 7 – 10 minutes depending on thickness of chops. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh thyme.