Recipes / Classic Fried Fish Po’ Boy
This Louisiana staple was made famous in New Orleans and traditionally has crispy battered fried catfish sandwiched between French bread that’s crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Pair with our creamy tartar sauce and pile with lettuce, tomato and pickles to dress up this Louisiana favorite!
- 3-4 lbs. of fresh catfish, trout or tilapia
- Louisiana Fish Fry Products Tartar Sauce, 10.5 oz bottle
- Louisiana Fish Fry Products Seasoned Fish Fry, 10 oz bag
- 1/2 cup of water
- Peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 loaves of French bread, cut into 6 in. portions
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Dill pickle rounds
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- Rinse fish well in ice cold water. Shake off excess water and completely coat fish in Louisiana Fish Fry Products Seasoned Fish Fry.
- Deep fry fish at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, until the internal temperature is 145 degrees Fahrenheit and golden brown.
- Open French bread and spread cut sides with tartar sauce.
- Add fried fish to French bread while hot. Add lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles to taste.