Recipes / Fried Chicken Sandwich
This, right here? This is THE chicken sandwich. It is everything a chicken sandwich needs to be. From the golden hue of its perfectly spiced breading, to the pucker of its pickle chips, to the smooth, buttery sweetness of its brioche bun…it’s perfect. Just perfect.
- 4 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Package Louisiana Fish Fry Products Seasoned Crispy Chicken Fry Seasoned Chicken Batter Mix
- Neutral Vegetable Oil, For Deep Frying
- Brioche Buns, Split and Lightly Toasted
- Mayonnaise, to Taste
- Pickle Coins
- Prepared Coleslaw (Or Shredded Iceberg Lettuce)
- In a large bowl, mix 5 tablespoons of Chicken Fry Seasoned Chicken Batter mix with ½ cup cold water and whisk to form a batter. Place remainder of dry batter mix into a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken into wet batter, let excess drip off, then coat chicken thoroughly in dry batter mix.
- Deep fry chicken at 325 until thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Assemble each sandwich: smear mayonnaise on top and bottom buns (add a drizzle of hot sauce if using). Place pickle coins on bottom bun, then place one fried chicken thigh on top. Top chicken with a scoop of slaw or shredded lettuce, then place top bun on sandwich.
Plus it up: add potato chips, consider a drizzle of Cajun Mashed Pepper Sauce for hit of red/spicy fried chicken sandwich