Recipes / Crunchy Bake Chicken Sandwich
Our Crunchy Bake Chicken is specially formulated for bake frying and made with a special blend of seasonings that delivers a mild, yet distinctive Louisiana taste profile. There truly is a chicken sandwich for any way you fry — get your oven ready for this delicious Crunchy Bake Chicken Sandwich!
- 4 Pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Package Louisiana Fish Fry Products Crunchy Bake Chicken
- Neutral Vegetable Oil, For Deep Frying
- Brioche Buns, Split and Lightly Toasted
- Mayonnaise, to Taste
- Pickle Coins
- Prepared Coleslaw (Or Shredded Iceberg Lettuce)
Crunchy Bake Chicken
- Pre-heat oven to 400 ‘F. Place a wire rack on top of a metal baking sheet sprayed with oil.
- In a medium sized bow, moisten chicken with beaten egg.
- Empty coating mix onto a plate, firmly press the egg-washed chicken into the coating. Coat all sides entirely. Discard remaining egg wash and coating mix.
- Place coated chicken on the prepared rack and baking sheet into the oven.Bake until golden brown at the edges and an internal temperature of 165 F. (Cook time: about 25-35 minutes for boneless chicken and 30-40 minutes for bone-in chicken.)
- Assemble each sandwich: smear mayonnaise on top and bottom buns (add a drizzle of hot sauce if using). Place pickle coins on bottom bun, then place one fried chicken thigh on top. Top chicken with a scoop of slaw or shredded lettuce, then place top bun on sandwich.