Recipes / Classic Cornbread Stuffing
Stuffing isn’t only for the holidays! With our new Stuffing Mixes, you can enjoy this classic side all year round. Our Stuffing Mixes are seasoned to perfection with herbs and classic Cajun spices.
- Louisiana Fish Fry Stuffing Mix - Classic Cornbread
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/1 C. water
Stuffing Mix Classic Cornbread
ON THE STOVE
- 1 Melt ¼ cup (4 Tbsp.) unsalted butter with 1½ cups water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Stir in contents of Stuffing Mix pouch.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and enjoy with your favorite proteins and veggies!
IN THE MICROWAVE
- 1 Combine 1 ½ cups hot water, Stuffing Mix pouch and ¼ cup (4 Tbsp.) unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl; cover.
- Microwave on high power for approximately 5 – 6 minutes or until heated thoroughly.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy with your favorite proteins and veggies!
NOTE: Microwave ovens vary. Consult your manual for precise cooking times for your specific make/model.
IN THE BIRD
- Prepare stuffing as directed on package.
- DO NOT STUFF BIRD UNTIL READY TO ROAST.
- Use one pouch of Stuffing Mix for birds up to 8 lbs. Rinse poultry with cold water. Pat dry. Stuff cavity with prepared stuffing. Roast as directed on poultry wrapper. Stuffing is done when meat thermometer inserted in center of stuffing reaches 165 °F.