Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Recipes / Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
The rich smell of pork chops is one that’s fondly remembered in every Louisiana household. Bring back happy memories of holiday meals at grandma’s house and hearty dinners shared among friends with these simple, juicy, and delicious stuffed pork chops.
- Louisiana Fish Fry Stuffing Mix (Traditional Herbs or Cornbread)
- 4 Bone in pork chops (about 1 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or avocado oil
Stuffing Mix Traditional Herbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine all seasonings (salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder).
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and make a pocket in each pork chop with a knife. Do this along the fat side, which is opposite from the bone and do not cut all the way through.
- Season on both sides with seasoning mixture. In a skillet (on medium heat) add butter and cook pork on each side for 3 minutes or until outside is browned.
- Add stuffing mixture into the pocket of the pork chop.
- Use a baking sheet with a wired rack, to allow for even cooking, and place the pork chops on top of the rack and place in oven. Cook 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature of the pork chop meat has reached 135 degrees
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 5 minutes, they will continue cooking slightly.