Recipes / Dai-Lynn's Summer Beer Battered Fish Tacos
Recipe Royalty Contest winner Dai-Lynn knows how to cool off on a hot summer day with her crispy, beer-battered fish tacos topped with a refreshing Baja slaw with notes of cilantro and fresh-squeezed lime. Speaking of limes, don’t forget to squeeze a wedge or two into a well-deserved ice cold glass of your favorite summer time lager!
- 1-2 lbs. fresh tilapia
- 1- 8.5 oz package of Louisiana Fish Fry Products Beer Batter Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite summertime beer
- 1 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of Mexican-style crema
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- yellow corn tortillas
Beer Batter Mix 8.5 oz
Fry fish as directed on cooking directions panel of Louisiana Fish Fry Products Beer Batter Seafood Coating Mix using beer of your choice.
For the Baja slaw, combine the thinly sliced cabbage, onion, diced Roma tomatoes, chopped cilantro, Mexican-style crema, salt, pepper and fresh-squeezed lime juice in a large bowl. Serve beer-battered tilapia on heated or grilled yellow corn tortillas topped with Baja slaw and enjoy!